Monday, April 20, 2009

Home

Well, I will certainly never have a yard looking like Bec and SJ's but it' slowly getting there. A little over a month ago Abby and I had a truck load of dirt dropped off in the back yard. The yard was uneven and filled with sandy soil. ( Not ideal for all the plants I have in store ) So we started little by little moving the dirt around. Now it's important to note that we are not dealing with a grand space by any means, however moving dirt around sucks! Soon it will be too hot to throw out seed but we are going to try anyways. A lot of the plants that needed to get in the ground and benefit from the spring weather were planted with lots of black cow added in. Luckily some of the plants that I put in at the end of the summer survived the winter and poor soil. So while the side/back yard is a complete wreck at least some of the flowering plants will soon be full of color.
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Abby and I had a "Adult Easter Party". The invitation, designed by Abby, was titled "We're too old to hunt for eggs, so instead we'll get a keg". It was a blast. We got things going around 1 in the afternoon and the last folks didn't leave until close to 2 am. I am not that hard core anymore when it comes to partying but it sure was fun. I grilled some chicken and duck wings then finished it off with some grilled salmon. Abby was hard at work the day before pumping out egg salad sandwiches for everyone along with some other treats. She even placed some random Easter eggs around the house with chocolates inside. A few of the eggs even had mini bottles in them. So all around it was a good Easter.
Currently we are counting down until graduation day. Abby graduates on May 15th and has been on the job hunt for quite some time. With today budget cuts across the board in the medical field it is looking hard for new grad's but she remains hopeful. I am hopeful too since when she get a job it will be like I'm getting a bonus. :) We joke that she is my little investment ( b/c that sounds better than money pitt )
OK, even though the computers here at work are still on the fritz I think it's time for lunch. Hope all is well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read about your Easter party and thought how completely adult you all looked and sounded--so much fun, too! I sympathize about the dirt, since I've been transplanting rocks this week, from one side of the garden to the other. Nothing better to build the triceps...Bubba