Thursday, September 25, 2008

Life

Hello all! Sorry I have seriously been slacking off on the blog front. The end of the summer has been one thing after another and it just occurred to me last night that not only had I not been writing but I haven't been keep up on all of your lives.

It is so much fun to see all the pictures you are all taking of the now younger generation of the extended family. Hey, when did we all stop being the younger generation? I'm not sure if I am OK with that...

Quick Molly update; She is now working at a natural foods vegetable place. She was jobless for a while which caused some serious issues b/w her and my parents but I think all is well now. As we all know when she is good she is great and when she is bad she is awful. No middle ground with the Darling Angel. (What I have been calling her for years now) I don't think she gets that it is a joke but oh well.

As for the house, it is coming along. Each free weekend or evening I find myself trying to get one thing or another still put away. I still have one entire room filled with random junk that I am slowly going through. The weather is finally cooling down here so lately I have been trying to do a lot of yard work. Since I can remember my parents have always had yard people but some how I have found a love for working in the yard. I know many of you love living in the big cities but I honestly don't think I could live without a yard. This year I was not so good about vegetables as I normally am but I still managed to get a few tomatoes and as always some green peppers and chili peppers. About a year ago I purchase a lime, lemon and orange tree. The orange tree struggled for life but is doing well. No oranges yet but I expect some next year. I luckily had a few limes but only one measly lemon. The lime tree is a must down here in the summer time. Saves a lot of money while drinking those gin and tonics all season long.

OK well I've rambled on long enough. As always I will try to get better at this. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're quite the jolly farmer. I'm glad to hear it. Lucky you can grow stuff most of the year, too! see you soon in New Paltz (bring a coat).Buba

swaaleta said...

You sound like you are keeping up the O'C family name~ planting fruit trees and making gin and tonics~ Yummy!!!